Private Sexual Health Clinic – Bournemouth
Poole Road, Bournemouth. BH2 5QR
What to expect from our private STI testing in Bournemouth
Your Sexual Health have a private sexual health clinic in Bournemouth that offers a wide range of confidential and discreet STI tests. Our simple process is designed with your convenience in mind. Simply book the test that you require and choose an appointment time that works for you. All you have to do is arrive at our clinic to deposit your sample and we will take care of the rest.
Where is the private STD clinic in Bournemouth?
Our private STI clinic in Bournemouth is in the centre of the town just one mile inland from Bournemouth Pier. The clinic offers an ideal location for anyone living and around the town centre, whilst it also provides ideal access for anyone living in the wider Dorset region. There is limited parking at the clinic with lots of on street parking in the nearby area. Nearby landmarks include: –
- Bournemouth Train Station is 2.3 miles away by car
- Bournemouth International Centre is 1 mile away
- The Sandbanks area of Bournemouth is just 3.5 miles away
- Poole station 4 miles away
- Clinic is accessible via the A35 and the A338
- Bournemouth International Airport 7 miles away
We offer a wide range of private STI tests in Bournemouth, including tests against all common sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis. Our tests are taken using either a blood, urine or swab sample. They’re separated into four main types of tests, which include: –
- Profile Screens – our Profile’s diagnose multiple conditions using the same sample, which is brilliant for offering complete Peace of Mind
- Individual Tests – diagnoses one or two conditions at a time which is good if you believe you’ve come into contact with a particular STI
- Early Detection – these tests allow you to get accurate results, just 10 days following potential exposure rather than waiting the standard 28 days for tests like HIV
- Quick Turnaround – offers a “quick turnaround” of just 4 hours once reaching the laboratory, which will allow you to get your results quicker than with our standard tests.
Once you’ve deposited your sample it will be taken to one of our laboratories for testing where we will gain your results to the highest level of medical accuracy. As soon as we learn your results you will be notified by your preference of either telephone or email.
In the unfortunate event that your results are positive you’ll also receive a free telephone GP consultation who will be able to offer you any advice you may have about the condition. We also offer treatment options via our prescription service and onward referral should it be required.
All of our tests are only accurate following a wait time of around 10 – 28 days after exposure. This is the time it takes for your body to react to the infection in a manner that makes it detectable. Wait times vary for each of our tests and details can be found on our private STI tests page. As a general rule though: –
- Early Detection Tests = 10-14 days
- Urine sample Tests = 14 days
- Standard HIV and Blood Tests = 28 Days
- Swab = When symptoms appear or 14 days depending on the test
If you’re symptomatic then your test will usually give an accurate reading from the point that symptoms appear. If you have any questions please contact our customer services team for more information on 0161 660 2599.
The symptoms of each sexually transmitted infection are different and they vary from person to person. In fact, many sexually people won’t notice any symptoms at all, but they can still spread the STI if they have unprotected sex with someone. Although there are no definite things to watch out for, some general symptoms include: –
- Penile, vaginal or anal discharge
- Pain when urinating
- Lower abdominal pains
- Any rashes, blisters or sores in an area that’s been in sexual contact
If you notice any of these symptoms you should be tested immediately. Contact our customer services team on the chat below or on 0161 660 2599 to find the most suitable test.
Everyone get’s tested for their own reasons and there’s no limit on how often people get tested. Just some potential reasons include: –
- If you’re starting a new relationship and you want to avoid passing on any STIs
- If you’ve had a one night stand and you didn’t use a condom
- If you want peace of mind and a routine check-up
- Before beginning IVF or trying for a baby
- For Visa purposes where a certificate is required to enter the country
Your Sexual Health offers a truly confidential and discreet service and there is more than one reason to book a test with us.
- Competitive prices for private STI testing
- Clinics up and down the country to allow you to get a convenient appointment
- Discreet service where the only people who need to know about the test are you and us
- All of our clinics are general health clinics which means no one needs to know why you’re there
- Appointment service so you can fit your appointment around your routine without having to sit in a waiting room all day