0161 660 2599    |    Contact    |    About Us    |    Help & FAQs

HIV Tests for Visa Applications


If you’re currently looking to move abroad you might need a HIV certificate to support your residency visa. Many destinations that are popular with expats require a certificate stating a HIV Negative status in order to have your application accepted. Destinations including UAE, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Malaysia all require a certificate.

As part of our private sexual health testing service, Your Sexual Health offer a certificate at no extra cost and you can carry out the tests that you require at one of our 100+ clinics nationwide. Simply choose one of the tests below, whether you need HIV, HIV & Hepatitis, or HIV, Hepatitis & Syphilis will depend on the country that you’ll be moving to and the kind of work you’ll be doing whilst over there.

Contact us for corporate rates

For more advice on our service and to find an appointment time that’s suitable, contact us today on 0161 660 2599 or use the chat function in the bottom right of your screen. We also offer corporate rates for any company that requires testing for staff or contractors.

Available HIV Tests for Visas

Book our HIV Tests for visa applications below and receive your certification free of charge. All you have to do is choose a clinic appointment and bring your photo ID. Our nurse will then verify your identity when she takes your sample and then we’ll take care of the rest. Book your appointment by clicking on the products below. If you need any additional products or tests, contact us and we can put a package together just for you.


Tests For


Accurate from 28 days

This is the amount of time you must wait from exposure to testing

Turnaround time 3 days

The turnaround time in working days, once your sample is received by the lab.

Find Out More

Tests For

Hepatitis B Hepatitis C HIV Syphilis

Accurate from 28 days

This is the amount of time you must wait from exposure to testing

Turnaround time 3 days

The turnaround time in working days, once your sample is received by the lab.

Find Out More


1. Book your clinic appointment

We have over 60 clinics nationwide so booking an appointment is easy


2. Bring your passport to your appointment

We need your passport so that we can prove that it’s you who is depositing the sample


3. We Verify Your Identity

Once you’ve deposited your sample our nurse will verify that it belongs to you by checking your ID and noting some key details


4. Get Your certificate

You’ll get a certificate along with your results to use for your visa application. Either download them or we'll send them.


Everything you need to know about our HIV Tests for Visas

There are a range of questions that we get asked a lot regarding HIV testing for visa applications. Where possible, some of the most common ones are answered below. To find out more about our service contact our customer services team using the chat function below or by calling 0161 660 2599.

A HIV Test certificate is a piece of paper that confirms you have been tested for HIV. It includes your results as well as other important information that helps confirm that you are the person depositing the sample, including: –

  • Your name
  • Your passport number, date of birth and the date your passport was issued
  • Your laboratory reference number
  • Details of when your sample was collected

With this information, the certificate can then be used as verification to support your visa application or work application.

Unfortunately our HIV certificates are only available when you carry out your test in one of our clinics located nationwide. This is because we need to be able to verify that you are the person who has deposited the sample. In order to do this our nurse will check your passport before your appointment before sending the sample to the laboratory and verifying your identity on the certificate.

Many countries require a HIV Test certificate in order to gain permanent residence, including a number of locations which are particularly popular with British expats. Some key locations that require a HIV test to support your long term or residential visa application include: United Arab Emirates, China, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Qatar, Bahrain, Russia and Iraq.

A useful resource for more detailed guidance on the exact restrictions for each location can be found at www.hivtravel.org, which features advice for every country.

For reference other countries with restrictions include Aruba, Azerbaidjan, Bhutan, Brunei, Cuba, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Eqypt, Equatorial Guinea, Honduras, Iran, Iraq, Isreal, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Montserrat, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Samoa, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tonga, Tunisia, Turks and Caicos Islands, Virgin Islands and Yemen

The exact implications of a HIV positive diagnosis will vary from country to country. Russia and UAE for example have particularly hardline stances and anyone with HIV may be permanently expelled from living or even visiting the country.

Other countries that require a HIV certificate, such as Australia, may not exclude you from living there, but you may have to undergo further medical examination before being granted residence. For more detailed information visit the visa application site of the country you are travelling to or find out more on www.hivtravel.org.

Even if you are not looking to gain permanent residence in a particular country, you may be required to prove that you are clear of a number of blood borne conditions before working there. Generally speaking this will be any job where you may come into contact with blood including doctors, nurses, teachers, sports coaches, sports players, chefs and hairdressers.

Some countries and roles may require a more detailed test against other conditions including Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Syphilis. Again, for more information on the particular test that you require visit the visa authority website of the country that you are visiting.

Most countries only require a HIV test certificate if you’re applying for permanent residence to that country or if you’re working in the country in a particular role. This includes the UAE, Russia, China and most of the other nations listed above.

That said, although some countries may not require a HIV test for a holiday visa, you may not be allowed into the country if they already know that you have HIV. Likewise, if they discover you have HIV whilst you are there you may be deported. Seek advice from the foreign office website or visit www.hivtravel.org for more information.

As well as offering tests for individuals who require a HIV test certificate, we can also provide corporate rates for companies that require multiple people to be tested at the same time. To find out more about any corporate discount that we can offer contact us today on 0161 660 2599.

Unlike many of our competitors we provide the certification of testing in the price of your test. Our service also offers maximum convenience, with the following features: –

  • 60+ clinics located nationwide
  • Appointment times to suit you meaning minimal effect on your day
  • Discreet and confidential service meaning the only people with access to your results are you and us